Al-Jazeerah: Cross-Cultural Understanding
News, November 2012
Israel Agrees to Ceasefire, Halt in Assassination, and Ending Blockade of Gaza!
By Hassan El-Najjar
November 21, 2012, 2:30 pm ET
Following the news from Arabic media, it has been revealed that the agreement on the cessation of hostilities between the Israeli occupation government and the Palestinian government in Gaza is a step in a long-term truce that may last for years.
The agreement involved the following:
1. A ceasefire from both sides, which starts at 9:00 pm, Cairo time, 2:00 pm ET.
2. The Israeli occupation government agrees to stop assassination of Palestinians.
3. The Israeli occupation government agrees to stop its blockade and siege of Gaza, by allowing free travel and movement of individuals and cargos through all crossing borders, including the Rafah crossing point between Palestine and Egypt.
Are Israeli aggressors going to abide by this agreement?
I'm not holding my breath, as they never did in previous agreements, as they will soon be encouraged to break it by their Zionist supporters and their puppets.
Why did the Israeli occupation government agree to the second and third points of the agreement, which have been Palestinian conditions for the cessation of hostilities?
1. The Israeli occupation government discovered that the Palestinian resistance was capable through its rockest of reaching Israeli cities, despite its "Iron Dome" anti-missile defensive measure.
2. The Israeli occupation government discovered that there has been a genuine change in the Egyptian position, which represented an overall change in the Middle East, that will not allow Israel to isolate the Palestinian people as it did before.
3. The Israeli occupation government discovered that Palestinians in the West Bank started to mobilize towards a new Uprising.
Now, the world has watched live on TV how the US-made F-16s were attacking a civilian population of about 1.8 million people, killing more than 150 and injuring more than 1,100 of them.
The Israeli leaders who committed these war crimes against the Palestinian captive civilian population should be tried before the International Court of Justice for their war crimes.
Netanyahu, Barak, and Lieberman are directly responsible for all this bloodshed. They should be held accountable for their war crimes in Gaza.
Without that, they may repeat their sick urge for shedding more Palestinian blood in a short time. This has to happen to deter other Israeli aggressors from doing that again in the future.
One last observation, the Zionist media (particularly Fox and CNN) were shameless in their covering of this episode of the conflict. They sided with the Israeli aggressors, giving the Israeli side of the story most of the covering. The Morduch Fox channel was even more Israeli than Israeli TV channels.
It's truly sad that a great nation like the United States doesn't have its own TV stations or media that is loyal to the nation, instead of these which are loyal to Israel first.
It's also truly sad to hear Hillary Clinton referring to Palestinian resistance fighters as "terrorists" while praising the Israeli war criminals who killed 150 Palestinians and injured more than 1,100, most of whom are women and children.
I pray and dream about an American Spring, indeed!
Hamas and Israel agree on ceasefire: Egypt
Wednesday, 21 November 2012
By Al-Arabiya TV, with agencies
Egyptian Foreign Minister Mohamed Kamel Amr made the
announcement in a joint news conference with
(But neither Obama nor Clinton has
ever recognized the same right for the Palestinian people to defend
themselves against the Israeli terrorist attacks, assassinations, and
Fair Use Notice
This site contains copyrighted material the
use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright
owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance
understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic,
democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this
constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for
in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C.
Section 107, the material on this site is
distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information
for research and educational purposes. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of
your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the
Opinions expressed in various sections are the sole responsibility of their authors and they may not represent Al-Jazeerah & ccun.org.
firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com