Al-Jazeerah: Cross-Cultural Understanding
Opinion Editorials, January 2009
Moses Was A War Criminal, the Doctored Bible Tells Us So
By Carol A. Valentine
The Ugly Truth, January 31, 2009
For a long time, the Zionists have abused the Torah, by doctoring it to suit their sick purposes, like justifying the killing of women and children in Gaza by mentioning that even Moses did that.
Muslims believe that Moses was a messenger of God, who could never ordered the killing of women and children. The fact that the Old Testament includes such statements is the evidence that it is not the word of God; rather, a doctored document.
However, it is beneficial for readers to know that the doctored Bible has passages which contains such war crimes, in order to know the root cause of this Zionist Israeli hate towards humanity.
As Bonkers commented below, Muslims revere Moses as a great prophet and certainly do not believe that he issued those commands. Muslims are also commanded to believe in the Torah (Taurat) and the Bible (Engel) and that they are divine. Muslims also happen to believe that the Torah has been doctored by Pharisees and rabbis. In other words, the Torah is no longer the original Torah Muslims are commanded to believe in.
by Carol A. Valentine, Webmaster
“If only Jews would return to the Law of Moses!
“Instead, they follow their secular, atheistic, and Zionist ways!”
So say some, expressing horror at the recent deliberate slaughter of Gazans, particularly the slaughter of women and children. The BBC article below (1) and many others tell the story.
Some critics, like Michael Hoffman, blame barbaric Jewish behavior on the Talmud (2). Others, like Henry Makow, blame secular Zionism (3).
But haven’t these folks ever read the Bible? Are they unaware of the influence of the Old Testament on Judaism?
Please, dear reader, open your Bible. Turn to the Old Testament. For the moment, focus your attention on the Book of Numbers.
You are about to learn that Moses, the great “law giver,” was a war criminal who ORDERED his followers to commit war crimes. The most heinous were crimes were committed against women and children. Moses ordered:
* The slaughter of non-combatant women prisoners.
* The slaughter of non-combatant young boy prisoners.
* The use of young girl prisoners as Israelite sex slaves.
Some strike at the branches of evil, some at the root. Why strike at secular Zionism, so-called, or the Talmud, and ignore the root of the evil, found in the Old Testament?
Let’s get some specifics on how Moses treated Gentile women and children.
Background: In Exodus Chapter 2, Moses flees Egypt because he has killed an Egyptian. He passes through the land of the Midianites, who befriend him. Moses lived among them for a while and “took to wife” a Midianite woman, Zipporah. Moses and Zipporah have a son, Gershom.
Sometime later, Moses develops in-law problems. By the time we reach Numbers Chapter 25, we know that the Israelites under Moses’ command are getting too friendly with the Midianites. A significant number of Israelites start cohabiting with Midianite girls and worshipping Midianite gods.
Moses orders the beheading of the Israelites who are encouraging the mix. For good measure, a plague — presumably sent by Jehovah — kills 24,000 of the offending Israelites. Chapter 25 ends with Jehovah urging his people to “vex” and “smite” or “harass” the Midianites. Why? What wrong did the Midianites do? No one forced the God’s Chosen People to party with the Midianite girls and worship their gods. Whatever . . .
Time passes. Jehovah and Moses spend Chapter 26 of Numbers organizing a huge census and Chapters 27, 28, 29 and 30 laying down various laws for the Israelites.
But by Numbers Chapter 31 — for reasons not explained — Jehovah’s attention becomes fastened once more on the Midianites. He orders Moses to kill them. Why? For what happened in Chapter 25.
Thus Jehovah orders an unprovoked attack on Moses’ in-laws. Not a problem. Moses sends off thousands of his troops to slay them.
The Israelites kill the five Midianite kings and all the other Midianite adult males. They loot the cities and burn them, and take the women and children in captivity.
But when they return, Moses is furious. “Have you kept all the women alive? These women caused the children of Israel to trespass against the Lord . . .” (New King James translation, Verses 15, 16).
Moses then orders:
1) all the non-virgin women captives to be killed
2) all the boy children captives to be killed
3) all the virgin girl captives to be saved for the use of the Israelite men.
Check out Numbers, Chapter 31, King James Version
(13) And Moses, and Eleazar the priest, and all the princes of the congregation, went forth to meet them without the camp.
(14) And Moses was wroth with the officers of the host, with the captains over thousands, and captains over hundreds, which came from the battle.
(15) And Moses said unto them, Have ye saved all the women alive?
(16) Behold, these caused the children of Israel, through the counsel of Balaam, to commit trespass against the LORD in the matter of Peor, and there was a plague among the congregation of the LORD.
(17) Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him.
( 18 ) But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.
Here is the URL for Numbers Chapter 31, New Living Translation
(13) Moses, Eleazar the priest, and all the leaders of the community went to meet them outside the camp. (14) But Moses was furious with all the generals and captains [a] who had returned from the battle.
(15) “Why have you let all the women live?” he demanded.
(16) “These are the very ones who followed Balaam’s advice and caused the people of Israel to rebel against the Lord at Mount Peor. They are the ones who caused the plague to strike the Lord’s people.
(17) So kill all the boys and all the women who have had intercourse with a man.
( 18 ) Only the young girls who are virgins may live; you may keep them for yourselves.
The rest of Chapter 31 is concerned with distributing the Midianite plunder. Thirty-two thousand (32,000) virgin girls were counted in the booty (Verse 35). Thirty-two of these were given to “the Lord.” That is, 32 of these little girls were set aside for the Levities (heave offerings), to be used as concubines (Verses 40 and 41).
Yes, Numbers 31 says what it says. The Talmud sages used Numbers 31 to justify having sex with children. And since the Talmud sages, along with Christians, regard the Old Testament as “the word of God,” why beat up on the Talmud sages? Why not beat up on Jehovah and Moses, who set the standards?
For further discussion of Jewish teachings on sex with children, see the Babylonian Talmud, Tractate Yebamoth 60b, Soncino 1961 Edition, page 402. Discussion and links at http://www.come-and-hear.com/editor/america_2.html
It’s true. Moses was a war criminal. The Bible tells you so. Should we be surprised at how women and children were treated in Gaza?
1) New Evidence of Gaza Child Deaths, BBC, 22 January, 2009
(2) Michael Hoffman is author of “Judaism Discovered, A Study of the Anti-Biblical Religion of Racism, Self-Worship, Superstition and Deceit.” Mr. Hoffman calls Israel’s Gaza war crimes “‘Talmudic’ War Crimes” rather than “Old Testament” or “Mosaic” war crimes. http://www.radicalpress.com/?p=855 .
(3) Henry Makow blames secular Zionism and the banksters for Jewish barbarity. See Henry Makow’s “The Worst Anti-semites Are Zionists” at: http://www.rense.com/general79/antiz.htm and http://www.henrymakow.com/michael_hoffmans_judaism_disco.html
9 Comments on “Moses Was A War Criminal (The Bible Tells Us So)”
Fair Use Notice
This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
Opinions expressed in various sections are the sole responsibility of their authors and they may not represent ccun.org.